I write to ask that you visit the United Educators website to complete an online workshop entitled “Preventing Workplace Harassment.” This is a video module that outlines the current laws concerning harassment and discrimination. It contains examples of the comments and behaviors that might constitute unlawful discrimination. It also discusses how to respond to and report discrimination and harassment.
We need 100% participation in this program. Our insurers quite reasonably insist that we take anti-harassment training seriously — to train all college employees, including faculty — since they insure us against the potentially serious financial risk in this area. From a community point of view, however, it is perhaps more important to both signal our interest in the health of our large and complex workplace, and also to learn what we can about maintaining the health of that workplace. As a faculty we need a common foundation for understanding, recognizing, and effectively handling workplace harassment and discrimination. This is fundamental to the College’s commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus community.
This module is distinct from the very brief additional video, also on the United Educators website, that contains information about new federal Title IX laws, entitled “Introduction to the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act”. Please complete both as soon as possible if you have not already done so.
Below are the instructions needed to gain access.
Many thanks for your attention to this important matter.
Denise K. Buell
Dean of the Faculty and
Cluett Professor of Religion
To access the Preventing Workplace Harassment course on the EduRisk Learning Portal please follow these steps.
- Click here
- First-time users should select the link to “Register Now” to create new account
- Complete the registration form. For the “Institution Code”, enter 0912-SE37-XY12.
- Once your account is created, you will receive an email with a temporary password to log onto the site.
- Log onto the site with the temporary password, you will be prompted to enter a new password.
- On the main page, you will see a menu of available courses. Under Workplace Harassment Prevention, click “Get Started”.
- Click on Workplace Harassment: What would you do?
- Complete each module. For each one, you choose one of the two characters. You can do the first three in any order. Once all three are completed, modules 4 and 5 are unlocked in sequence. If you are unable to complete the module in one session, you can log back in with your user id and password and continue the training from where you’d left off.
- To confirm you have completed the course, log in 1 hour later and click on “My Certificates” at top. Under courses, you will see a certificate for “Workplace Harassment: What Would You Do? – Higher Ed (2015-2016)”
- If your certificate does not appear, you may not have completed the entire training. Return to the course and restart it. The course will automatically return to where you left off.
- If you need help or have any questions, click on the link to the “Support Portal” at the top of the page.