The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program’s 2019-2020 competition is now open and accepting applications for awards in the Middle East and North Africa. We invite you to consider applying for an award! Start by exploring the Fulbright Program’s Catalog of Awards, and reach out to Fulbright or the Williams Grants Office, if you have any questions regarding specific opportunities.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the deadline is August 1, 2018.
Exciting news this year:
- The Fulbright Program is pleased to announce that the Binational Fulbright Commission, the U.S. Embassy, and The Department of State expect to reopen the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program to Egypt this year! A wide variety of awards are available, including All Disciplines, Business Administration, and several grants to the American University of Cairo.
- The Fulbright Commissions in Madrid and Rabat have sponsored a new Morocco-Spain Joint Teaching/Research Award, which offers scholars the opportunity to conduct grant activities in both countries. Grants based only in Morocco are available as well.
- Israel offers postdoctoral fellowships in All Disciplines and Israel Studies. The grants support fellows for up to two academic years. Additionally, there is a four-month Senior Scholar Fellowship for faculty members (assistant professor or higher), professionals, and artists.
- Applications in All Disciplines are welcome in Jordan. The Fulbright Commission in Amman provides a deep support network for Fulbrighters. Families are welcome; additional funding is available to cover the cost of tuition for dependent children.
- The Middle East and North Africa Regional Research Program was designed for applicants whose research projects are comparative in scope or based on data collected in several countries. Projects may be conducted in two or three countries in the MENA region.
- Grant opportunities are also available in Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, the West Bank, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, and the United Arab Emirates.
The Fulbright Scholar Program will be hosting an informational webinar on Wednesday, April 11 at 2:00 PM. An overview of opportunities throughout the Middle East and North Africa will be shared and there will be a live Q&A session.