Williams is an Institutional Member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. As a member of NCFDD, our faculty have access to a plethora of resources as they navigate academia.
What is the NCFDD?
The NCFDD focuses on effective external mentoring for faculty and postdoctoral fellows with the goals of increasing productivity, maintaining work-life balance and improving retention by creating communities of support and accountability. The NCFDD is a highly regarded center with a national reputation and success record for supporting faculty members throughout their careers, towards accomplishing developmental career milestones such as securing postdoc appointments and achieving promotion and tenure. NCFDD is an independent professional development, training and mentoring institute that offers support, resources and forums to its members. NCFDD’s efforts aligns with our mission to recruit and retain the best faculty, to do that with attention toward recruiting diverse faculty, and to support our faculty at every stage of their career.
What does NCFDD offer?
NCFDD focuses on four key areas (strategic planning, explosive productivity, work-life balance, and healthy relationships) to help faculty achieve productivity and overall wellness. They provide a variety of virtual and onsite programs and resources including:
- Monday Motivator Newsletter (weekly)
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars and Guest Expert Webinars
- A private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring & problem-solving
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Moderated writing challenges
- Access to a Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
- Peer mentor matching
- On campus programming and support in the form of workshops
- Faculty Success Program. The Dean of Faculty’s Office subsidizes this program at 100% for non-visiting pre-tenure faculty and 50% for tenured faculty.
Every active faculty member at Williams – whether full time or part time, visiting or long-term. For more information or additional instructions, contact the Office of the Dean of the faculty.