Williams is an Institutional Member of NCFDD, a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. As a member of NCFDD, our faculty can sign up for complimentary sub-accounts and gain access to expansive online resources, including an array of webinars, resources, and programs.
What is the NCFDD?
NCFDD focuses on effective external mentoring for faculty and postdoctoral fellows with the goals of increasing productivity, maintaining work-life balance and improving retention by creating communities of support and accountability. The NCFDD is a highly regarded center with a national reputation and success record for supporting faculty members throughout their careers, towards accomplishing developmental career milestones such as securing postdoc appointments and achieving promotion and tenure. NCFDD is an independent professional development, training and mentoring institute that offers support, resources and forums to its members. NCFDD’s efforts aligns with our mission to recruit and retain the best faculty, to do that with attention toward recruiting diverse faculty, and to support our faculty at every stage of their career.
What does NCFDD offer?
NCFDD content covers a broad spectrum of topics integral to academic life, such as techniques to enhance writing productivity, effective strategies for time management and prioritization, developing mentor relationships, strategies for securing external funding, and finding a healthy work-life balance. Access to NCFDD’s member platform offers a multitude of benefits including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Hidden Handbook series
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Unlimited access to the Member Library that includes webinar materials
- Accountability Buddy Matches
- 14-Day Writing Challenge: a 2-week free offering to foster consistent, productive writing habits and access to our WriteNow platform. Participants commit to daily writing, track progress, and engage with a supportive community
- Faculty Success Program. The Dean of Faculty’s Office subsidizes this program at 100% for non-visiting pre-tenure faculty and 50% for tenured faculty.
Every active faculty member at Williams – whether full time or part time, visiting or long-term. For more information or additional instructions, contact Neil Roberts, Associate Dean of the Faculty.