I write to ask that you visit the United Educators website to complete an online workshop entitled “Mosaic: Prevent Discrimination and Harassment Together: Faculty & Staff.” This is a video module that outlines the current laws concerning harassment and discrimination. It contains examples of the comments and behaviors that might constitute unlawful discrimination. It also discusses how to respond to and report discrimination and harassment.
This module is distinct from the additional video, also on the United Educators website, that contains information about new federal Title IX laws, entitled “Mosaic: Prevent Sexual Violence Together“.
Please complete both as soon as possible if you have not already done so.
We need 100% participation in this program. Our insurers quite reasonably insist that we take anti-harassment training seriously — to train all college employees, including faculty — since they insure us against the potentially serious financial risk in this area. From a community point of view, however, it is perhaps more important to both signal our interest in the health of our large and complex workplace, and also to learn what we can about maintaining the health of that workplace. As a faculty we need a common foundation for understanding, recognizing, and effectively handling workplace harassment and discrimination. This is fundamental to the College’s commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Below are the instructions needed to gain access.
Many thanks for your attention to this important matter.
Interim Dean of the Faculty
To access the Mosaic: Prevent Discrimination and Harassment Together course on the EduRisk Learning Portal please follow these steps.
- Click here
- First-time users should select the link to “Register” to create new account
- Once your account is created, you will receive an email with a temporary password to log onto the site.
- Log onto the site with the temporary password, you will be prompted to enter a new password.
- On the main page, under Welcome to the Learning Portal, you can begin each Mosaic:Prevent… by clicking on “Access course”.
- When you have completed the course, you will receive an email confirmation.