Packet Production Checklist:
1. Scan all of your documents, including the Table of Contents, to create several pdf’s, or collect pdf’s provided by faculty.
2. Open the first pdf in Acrobat DC (available upon request through the OIT website) and save it as: departmental prefix_number.pdf:
i. Example 1: HIST_239.pdf
ii. Example 2: HIST_239_Pt1.pdf, HIST_239_Pt2.pdf, etc.
3. Combine scanned documents if needed:
i. Open the files you want to combine
ii. Tools – Combine Files – Add Open Files – Combine
4. If necessary, rotate your document:
i. View – Rotate View
5. Insert Blank Pages as needed.
i. Tools – Edit PDF
ii. Edit PDF menu – Organize Pages
iii. Insert – Blank Page
Be sure that all Blank Pages are even numbered in the document.
6. Number Pages
i. Tools – Edit PDF
ii. Header/Footer – Add
iii. Choose your page number format
7. If you have a color cover, save it as a separate file, and name it department, course number, cover, pdf, for example: “HIST_239_cover.pdf”
All packet covers should have the following information:
• Course Title
• Course Number (include department prefix)
• Cross-Listed Department and Number (if applicable)
• Part number (e.g. “Part 2” or “Part 2 of 3”) (if applicable)
• Semester and Year
• Professor’s Name
Packet Submission (New for Fall 2019):
- Fill out the course packet order form. This form is for Course Packets only. Regular print jobs can be emailed to [email protected]. This is a Google form which will require you to login to Google if you aren’t already. The form guides you through attaching your course packet & cover sheet, if you have one.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your form and an email with packet costs.
If you have any questions, please contact the Faculty Staff Support Desk at [email protected] or 597-4090.
For Administrative Assistants: If your faculty members routinely send their own packets to office services, you may wish to email them this instruction sheet and the PDF packet submission form.